Today we're meeting our real estate agent to look at houses. Yes, having 3 children under 4 isn't enough to keep me busy!
My dear husband has been commuting over 2 hours a day for about 5 years. Understandably so, he's had enough. I love looking at houses. It's fun to look at different places and imagine how our family would live in them.
I have a tendency to get excited about something in a house (a pantry for example) and forget about the other things I would like to have. It's a perfect time to write a list of things I'd like to find in a house. I'm very realistic (and just a bit spoiled), but I do understand the concept of a "Wish List". I don't expect to find all of these things, but a few would be great.
1. Laundry Room that's not in a basement. I've been washing clothes in a basement for 13 years and I'd like to stop carrying that laundry basket up 2 flights of stairs.
2. Mud Room. Any place other than right inside the front door to take off our shoes would be great.
3. Closets. Any kind, anywhere.
4. Foyer. It would be great to have a little area to serve as a buffer before you enter the living space. Just enough room to put a little table and a few decorative things.
5. Family Room. I like the idea of an open space floor plan with a family room off the kitchen.
6. Gas Stove. I feel a little silly listing this one. I am not a cook, but I do know from past experience things just cook better on a gas stove top.
7. Pantry. Never had one so I think it would be a great thing.
8. Manageable Yard. I would like space for the kids to run around and enjoy a summer's night bbq, but not something so huge I loose my husband for a whole day while he mows the grass!
9. Good Public Schools. As a former public school teacher, I am a huge advocate for public schools.
10. Neighborhood Playground. An easy place to take the kids. A great place for them to make friends - and maybe meet some new friends for myself as well.
11. Hardwood floors. I like the look and they're easy to maintain.
12. Bathroom(s). We have one full bath now. Right now it's fine because the kids are small, but as they get a little bigger it'd be nice for them to have their own bathroom.
13. Natural Light. Love, love, love windows and natural light!
What do you love about your home?
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants