We've been working hard to reduce our use of plastic bags. We take our reusable bags to the grocery store and other retail stores. On occasion we walk out of the house without our reusable bags, so we end up with a nice little collection at home.
Here are 13 creative things you can do with your plastic bags:
1. Use bags in your suitcases for dirty underclothes or for wet clothes from a day at the swimming pool.
2. Use bags to wrap your gifts.
3. Use a bag as you would a rubber glove when you don't have rubber gloves
4. Use bags as packing material instead of the dreaded white foam peanuts.
5. When your credit card won't swipe, put it inside the bag and try again.
6. Use bags as rubber boots to keep your feet dry.
7. Use a bag as a backpack for your kids by putting their arms through the handles.
8. Put bags on your wiper blades and mirrors in the winter to keep them free from snow and ice.
9. Store your shoes in plastic bags when you have them inside your suitcase to keep clothes from getting dirty and smelly.
10. For easy cleanup, place a bag inside a bucket or pot next to your sink when you peel fruits or vegetables. You can quickly dispose of the bag or place peelings in a compost pile.
11. Take your bags to the grocery store to reuse instead of getting new ones each time.
12. Donate bags to food pantries, used book stores, libraries, thrift shops, or other organizations. For ease of use, flatten the bags, fold them in half, and place in another plastic bag before donating.
13. Cut head and arm holes and use a bag as a smock for your child's craft project.
Tell me how you are using your plastic bags, I would love to add to this list!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants