Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Your click on the "Click Here to Give - it's FREE" button helps fund free mammograms for women in need — low-income, inner-city and minority women whose awareness of breast cancer and opportunity for help is often limited. Your click is paid for by site sponsors, and mammogram funding is provided to clinics throughout the U.S. through the efforts of the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
Posted by Mrs. Gray's Class at 9:22 AM
Monday, October 29, 2007
If you love "the chicken of the sea" like I do you might find this Tuna Calculator created by the Environmental Working Group interesting. Of course during pregnancy is when I want tuna fish the most and when it is the most harmful for me to consume!
Saturday, October 27, 2007
- You can rent classic and new title books online from Bookswim.com. You receive free shipping both to and from your home. Subscription plans range from $15 - $36 month.
- It is best to store coffee (ground & whole beans) in an opaque airtight container away from light, heat, and moisture. Oops, Bob!
- Gail Blanke shared the story of losing her brother at the age of 24. I felt a lot of myself in her story and agreed with things she said. I especially liked what her mother said during that time, "We'll never lose him." Blanke also listed 4 steps to making it through a loss. 1. Be true to your convictions 2. Shift your attention to others 3. Talk about the one you lost 4. Write to him or her (this one was especially helpful to me after we lost Ellie and Kate - I wrote to them often the first few months).
- There is a woman out there, Carment Staicer, who has 6 children and still has time to write a blog. Check it out www.momtothescreamingmasses.typepad.com .
- The best way to avoid a stressful Thanksgiving Day is to enjoy the day at someone else's house - thank you Karen & Loren!
Thursday, October 25, 2007
As a woman and mother of small children I worry a lot! I was introduced to Calm My Anxious Heart a few years ago. I am someone who likes to control situations - this book helped me see I am not in control and worrying is "like a rocking chair . . . . it gives you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere." I refer to this book often and have found that the bible verses mentioned are the ones I often go to for strength. I will be posting some of my favorites on our blog. I hope they provide a little peace and comfort to you.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Monday, October 22, 2007
Davis had a blast at his backyard dinosaur birthday party with all his friends. As you'd expect the moon bounce and the cupcakes were the big hit of the day. No children were harmed in the making of this entry - except for little sister Meg who graciously left the moon bounce to play hostess.