I'm walking around lighter than I've felt in awhile. The house hunting was starting to take hold, and I was feeling a little blue. It seems as though the search is over. After a little negotiating (and maybe a few tears on my part), they accepted our offer!
I feel so blessed. There are so many positives about this house. I was just reading through my house wish list and it's unbelievable how much this house has to offer.
- the lot is wooded and private, but still in a neighborhood
- each of the kids will have their own room
- there is a bathroom in our bedroom and it has a tub and shower
- the laundry room is on the first floor
- there's not a mud room, but a very large coat closet and a 2-car garage
- great closet/storage space
- a 2-story foyer that's going to be so much fun to decorate for Christmas
- the most manageable yard ever - right now it's pretty much all wood chips, but we'll definitely plant a little grass somewhere
- a wonderful screened in porch that Bob has already claimed as his
- great public schools
- a little pool and playground (this was a bit of a compromise, but hopefully we'll be able to join a swim/tennis club next summer)
- there's a pantry in the kitchen
- Bob's commute is a lot shorter so we'll be able to see him more
We're also just minutes away from my sister-in-law's mother so when she comes to visit with my nephew, Zeke, we'll be able to visit a lot!
I really want to thank our agent who worked so hard for us and was kind and patient. How often are you able to find a great house and walk away with a good friend. I hope to spend more time with her now that we'll be closer. If you're ever in the market for a house in the Annapolis area - I've got a great agent for you!
Bob is going for the home inspection on Wednesday, so hopefully I'll have pics for you - be prepared for wallpaper and lots of interesting border!
Yeah! Thank you all for your encouraging words and thoughts, they really helped! I'm going to be pretty busy the next few weeks, but I'll be sure to pop in and tell you how "un-green" moving can be!