A few months ago I wrote about Zwaggle. Zwaggle's an online community of socially responsible parents who want to do their share to give back to other parents, their kids and the environment.
This month The Parent Bloggers Network is teaming up with Zwaggle to highlight ideas on saving, sharing and simplifying. If you've been following my Three R Thursday posts, you know this is a topic near and dear to my heart.
I thought this would be a great opportunity to list some of the practical things our family is doing to save, share and simplify.
- Carrying reusable bags.
- Using recycled toilet paper.
- Eliminating paper towels.
- Using phosphate-free laundry and dish washing detergent.
- Switching our light bulbs.
- Using biodegradable trash bags made from corn starch.
- Eliminating our junk mail.
- Listing items we don't use on Freecycle and Paperback Swap.
- Using eco-friendly toothbrushes.
- Eliminating sandwich bags.
- Choosing safer eco-friendly products for our children.
- Turning off our car engines.
- Using socks as Swiffers.
- "Greening" up our family holidays here, here and here.
- Purchasing organic food whenever possible.
It's not been difficult to make these simple changes. I am proud of the progress we've made and look forward to watching this list grow. I know we can do a lot more. I'm always interested in how other people are saving, sharing, and simplifying. Please feel free to share your ideas here, or you can write a post for The Parent Bloggers Network (of course there are prizes available).