1. A SwaddleMe from Kiddopotamus' certified organic collection. Pediatricians recommend swaddling to comfort and soothe newborns. SwaddleMe wings have Velcro tabs, to wrap up your newborn and stay comfortably in place. As baby grows, wings readjust for a perfect fit. SwaddleMe wings are easily opened to prevent overheating, and the leg pouch can be popped down for a quick diaper checking or changing. SwaddleMe can also be used in the car seat, simply insert car seat harnesses through the access slits!
2. Born Free BPA-free bottles. Bisphenol-A is a hormone-disrupting chemical considered to be potentially harmful to human health and the environment. It has been known that scratched and worn polycarbonate feeding bottles will leach this chemical into liquids. The BornFree™ products are made of PES (Polymer), Polypropylene, glass and Silicone. If you would like to read more about the dangers of Bisphenol-A visit this portal.
3. Gerber Nuk Orthodontic Pacifier Simple Button for Newborn. These pacifiers are also BPA-free. Here is a guide for How to Find Safer Pacifiers.
4. George organic clothing. I won this lot of clothing on eBay for less than $25. They are in great shape and so soft.
5. California Baby Hair & Body Wash Shampoo. California Baby products contain organic and sustainably grown ingredients. No Sodium lauryl sulfate, DEA, or numbing agents. California Baby is also a very eco-friendly company, they use minimal packaging and recycled paper and soy inks for product info tags and literature.
6. American Baby Company organic bedding collection. I was able to order a crib and cradle sheet through Amazon.
7. Kate Quinn Organics. I couldn't resist getting at least one outfit from Kate Quinn. Her clothing is certified organic and produced using fair trade practices. I reviewed several clothing sites here. I got the Tahitian/Chocolate outfit - this little boy may never come out of it!
8. Bumkins Starter Bib. These bibs are waterproof, stain and odor resistant. Most importantly, they are PVC, Phthalate & Vinyl Free. Made in the USA.
9. Sassy Earth Brights Wooden Dove Teether. This teething toy is BPA-free. Here is a guide for How to Find Safer Teethers.
10. Seventh Generation Baby Wipes. Seventh Generation uses renewable, non-toxic, phosphate-free, and biodegradable ingredients as often as possible, and are never tested on animals. Seventh Generation Baby Wipes are moistened with natural aloe vera, vitamin E, and water to cleanse and moisturize gently and naturally. Wipes are fragrance free, not bleached with chlorine and do not contain alcohol or synthetic ingredients that can irritate baby's skin.
11. gDiapers consist of a washable, cotton outer pant and a plastic free flushable refill. They are made of breathable material just like sports clothing. So, babies stay dry and happy and are far less likely to get diaper rash. Can't flush? It's ok to toss flushable refills because they're plastic-free. Or garden compost the wet ones. They'll break down in 50-150 days.
13. Boon Snack Ball. This fun, sphere-shaped snack container is BPA-free. Its rigid form protects snacks from crushing making it great for travel. The two halves unscrew for easy cleaning.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants