Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Cheap Wall Art



The kids' playroom needed a little color on the walls, so I decided to create a canvas for them. I was able to do each 16 x 20 canvas for a little over $8, and I have enough scrapbook paper and stickers to do several more.



They're definitely not perfect. I learned a lot as I went along. Some things I would do differently next time, but overall I'm very pleased and enjoyed the creative process.

Kale's is still wet so you can see a little of the Mod Podge, but I was impatient and took a picture anyway. I couldn't find any paper I liked, so the truck section is fabric.

12 comments:

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Wow! Seriously -- these are SUPER DUPER cute! Great job!!!!

Maria said...

Very cute! Maybe I will have enough confidence to try this myself soon.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so those are REALLY crafty and cute! As opposed to mine! Nicely done!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I can't believe you did those. I know you always see the imperfections in something you did yourself, but I think they look fabulous. I would love to hear the things you learned while doing this and what you wouldn't do again. I might be copying you down the road and it would be good to know! I am so impressed!
Carrie

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

How cool! :D Thanks for sharing! :D Great job!

Have a great WFMW!
Sherry

Wani said...

I want detailed instructions!! I love how these turned out! These would make great gifts!

Allie said...

Those are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Very cute & creative - thanks for sharing!

GreenStyleMom said...

Those turned out amazing! I might have to copy you also. I always look at the canvas art at places like Pottery Barn Kids and think that I could do that. I'm not always so sure I can... :)

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

What a great idea! I really love the girly "M." It would look so cute in my daughter's room (but with an "L" of course). -Julia :-)

Lauren said...

Try poking a hole in the bubble with a pin, then smooth the air out with a credit card. It may not be perfect, but it will be flatter and less noticable. Although, the previous poster was right, you always notice the imperfections in the things you make way more than other people will. Good job!

Anonymous said...

hi Alana; Coming over from Katydid &Kid to say "hi" and "nice to meet you".
I LOVE your wall art!