Do you crave organization - a fun way to check on all your favorite blogs, figure out if you need to bundle up before you go outside, think deeply with the quote of the day, or laugh out loud with jokes and cartoons? If so, you should check out iGoogle, it offers all of these features and more. (Editor's note: I am in no way affiliated with Google, just a little bit of a dork who sometimes likes gadgety things.)
It's quick and easy to set up an iGoogle Homepage. Just select a theme to decorate your homepage and drag and drop individual sections to rearrange the page however you'd like.
Some of the features include gadgets, tabbed pages, and themes.
Gadgets allow you to display specific content on your homepage. You also have the ability to create your own gadgets including:
- Framed Photo- display a series of photos to share
- GoogleGram - create special daily messages
- Daily Me – share a little of your daily thoughts and feelings
- Free Form- input text and an image of your own choosing
- YouTube Channel- display videos from your own YouTube channel
- Personal List - create a list of items from a To-Do List to your very own Top 10 List
- Countdown – share a countdown timer for a special event
There are tons of themes to choose from, some even animated. The themes can change throughout the day as the time passes – for you very tech savvy folks – you can now design your own theme.
iGoogle is free to anyone. If you are already using any of Google’s services that require a sign-in you can create an account with that information.