Monday, January 18, 2010

The Way I Roll

I usually don't make resolutions, but I did have a realization recently.  I've missed blogging.  I'm going to give it another go and start by sharing a most wonderful trip we just made.


For Christmas, Bob surprised me with a trip to LA for the National Championship Game.  He booked the flights, hotel and rental car.  He was not willing to spend $1000 per ticket so we took a chance and waited until we got into town to buy tickets.  





Thankfully my dear friend Jenny was able to broker us tickets for face value.  We had them in our hands and made our way to the stadium about 45 minutes before kick-off.  I was a nervous wreck just before and pretty much right through the game.  


We sat in the Tide Pride section so we were surrounded by Alabama fans, with the exception of the two young Texas fans who sat right beside me.  Kenny Stabler "The Snake" and his family sat in the row behind us.  There were former coaches and players all around - the energy was great!


This was my first trip to California, and hopefully not the last.  The weather was unbelievable!  I usually don't enjoy flying, but we had a direct flight which made it more bearable! 


It was one of the most fun trips I've ever taken (and not just because my team won).  I got to spend time with a couple of old friends and meet some great new ones.  We also went to a party at a real Beverly Hills mansion - believe me - it was like country come to town! 


Thank you honey.  I loved spending time with you.  I think you're definitely an Alabama football fan now!  Roll Tide!

6 comments:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

So fun and what a FUN surprise!

I've missed hearing from you. I hope we get to hear more soon!

Allie said...

I'm glad your back! I was just sorting through my Google Reader this weekend, saw your blog on the list and wondered if you'd be back!

Glad you had a great weekend!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

What a great surprise - good job hubby!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

How much FUN!! What an awesome surprise and great hubby to know JUST what you wanted for Christmas!

GreenStyleMom said...

So glad you are back to blogging!

For some odd reason, I know LOTS of people who were at the game. Both AL and TX fans. Glad you had a good time!

Leticia- Tech Savvy Mama said...

What a fabulous picture of the 2 of you and a great Christmas gift. I'm so glad you got tix to the Alabama game and have to agree that California is a wonderful place. Let me know when you plan a visit to Northern California. I can give you tons of great things to do with the kids! Happy 2010! Glad to see you blogging again! :)