Over the last week I've found myself repeating this phrase, "Just because it's cheap and easy doesn't mean it's better".
Preparing for our open house has affected my decision-making process. I've been doing things I don't agree with all for the sake of convenience. It's so easy to fall back into old habits. I come here to confess my sins against the environment.
My offenses as of late:
- I bought fruit in plastic bags instead of using these.
- The fruit wasn't organic.
- I've used a few cleaning products that aren't exactly eco-friendly.
- I threw away a few glass bottles while cleaning out the fridge.
- I agreed to let the landscaper use Preen in the flower beds. I came to my senses over the weekend and I'm calling him today to cancel it.
- I called a hauler to haul away things from the garage that could've been Freecycled.
- I bought cut flowers from the "regular" grocery store that weren't certified VeriFlora.