Friday, February 20, 2009

2 of 3 completed

I made this bag using Amy Butler's Birdie Sling Bag pattern. It's a gift for my sister in law, who hopefully has her hands too full with brand new little Nate to read my blog right now. It's going to be hard to part with this one, but I'll definitely make one for myself very soon.

It's a very sturdy bag and looks like it will hold tons!



It is lined with some great interior pockets. I'm also going to make a few zippered pouches to help keep the little stuff a little more accessible.



If you're interested in making this bag, check her website for a pattern correction. One of the pictures is printed wrong and there's a correction on her site. Don't ask me how I know - let's just say there was a glass of wine and a seam ripper involved!



The fabrics are from Amy Butler's Midwest Modern line.

Here are a couple other resources if you're interested in making this bag.
Grace Designs
U-handblog

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful!!

Willo said...

That is a great bag!

Scribbit said...

I love the colors--I've meant to attempt one of those patterns for awhile now but hadn't got to it. You've done beautifully!

Anonymous said...

You are a pro already!!

Anonymous said...

O.K. You are a sewing MACHINE! I'm loving all the things you are making. Way to jump right in!

Unknown said...

That is so cute! I've only sewed one of Amy Butler's bags, and it was the easy one. All the others still scare me. Great job!

Sheryl

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

You are so stinking talented! Love it!!

Kimberly said...

this bag is SO cute! I might have to give it a try!

SoBella Creations said...

I love the Amy Butler Fabric. What a great little bag.

Rosalind said...

Hey you finished your bag!! Looks great :-) I love the material you chose. I am sure your sister in law will appreciate it.